Position Summary

The Associate Dean for Collections & Discovery reports to the Dean of the University Library and serves as a member of the library’s senior leadership team which plans library-wide services, facilitates operations, and resolve issues. The Associate Dean is primarily responsible for developing strategic directions for managing access to physical and virtual collections and providing infrastructure support for our scholarly communications program in support of the research and teaching needs of the University. Programmatic responsibilities include user experience, accessibility, digitization programming, developing, interpreting, and implementing policies and procedures related to the acquisition, description, and discovery of scholarly and cultural heritage resources in a variety of formats. This position partners closely with IRT leadership – strategies and solutions are aligned with campus IT and CSU technology strategies.

This position participates as a member of library-wide groups, task forces, and project teams as appropriate and is expected to work comfortably and with a high degree of expertise in a shared decision-making environment. As a leader, the Associate Dean will foster an environment where strategic and well-informed risk taking is encouraged. As a senior member of Department Heads Council this position is responsible for library-wide planning and policy making, the incumbent works with other library leaders to shape strategic directions for the Libraries.

Department Information

As the center of campus intellectual discovery, the Sacramento State University Library promotes teaching, learning, research, and scholarly communication at the University by integrating the Library with campus student success programs and instruction. One of twenty-three libraries in the California State University System, the Sacramento State Library holds over 1.4 million volumes, comprised of print and electronic monographs and serials, and is a Federal Document Depository. The Library’s mission is to inspire excellence in teaching, learning, and scholarly activities.

The University Library is undergoing rapid transformation with a forward-thinking vision and a deep commitment to improving the campus learning environment. Sacramento State is designated by the U.S. Department of Education as an Asian American, Native American, and Pacific Islander-Serving (AANAPI) and a Hispanic Serving Institutions (HIS). Therefore we welcome and encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to join our growing organization of 28 Library faculty, 33 staff and approximately 40 FTE student assistants. We take pride in the collaborative nature in which our students, staff, and faculty work together in a professional and supportive environment to ensure one another’s success.

For more information, please visit https://library.csus.edu/.

Complete information on the position and instructions on how to apply can be found here https://careers.csus.edu/en-us/job/513534/associate-dean-for-collections-discovery

----
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/52794-associate-dean-for-collections-discovery