…
…
…
> I can convert that .gif to .mp4 but I 1st need to know time-wise how long
> that .gif is.

There are simple scripts out there to just determine the length of the animation.  Here’s one in PHP (as they were dealing with file uploads):

https://justinsomnia.org/2006/10/gif-animation-duration-calculation/

The logic is relatively simple— ignore the actual image, and just look at the metadata that tells it how long to pause between each image, and add them up.

You should be able to implement it in whatever your preferred scripting language is, so that you can get the value that you need into your processing pipeline

(Assuming the GIF standard hasn’t changed; I haven’t worked with it that closely in the last 15-20 years)

-Joe

Sent from a mobile device with a crappy on screen keyboard and obnoxious "autocorrect"