This July, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is planning to discontinue its online archive that hosts agency webpages and documents dating back to at least the mid-1990s. The Environmental Data and Governance Initiative (EDGI) Website Governance Project has been tracking changes to EPA’s website and recommending improvements to website governance policies since January 2017, and is deeply disappointed in the EPA’s decision to shutter its archive (and the lack of transparency in this process). EDGI is writing a letter to the EPA to urge it to reconsider this decision and to maintain its online archive. The letter can be found at this link

If you or your organization would be interested in signing this letter, please fill out this Google Form to be added as a signee. We would also be so grateful if you would send this letter to any of your colleagues who might also be interested in supporting this message, by signing on or by otherwise amplifying it. Thank you so much!

We’re hoping to have all signatures by Friday, May 20th so that we can send the letter to the EPA by the end of the month.

Finally, If you’d like to discuss this letter or EPA’s plan to sunset its online archive further, please respond to this message and I’d be happy to talk!

Best,

Steven Gentry (on behalf of the Environmental Data and Governance Initiative)

--
Steven Gentry, MSLIS, DAS
he/him/his

"Everything not saved will be lost."