Hello,

I'm Rachel Jacobson a digital archivist at The Phillips Collection. I am
currently preparing some digital deliverables for the cloud so that I can
link between the images and ArchivesSpace as an access point.

Currently, the images are stored on external hard drives. One is acting
suspicious, and I'd like to run an integrity check. I was considering using
Method 1 here:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-scan-an-external-hard-disk-to-test/cd1e3ee9-e55e-4563-91ff-64e0d6c1d6fe

I don't intend to click the option to have things automatically fixed
because I am concerned that corrupt items will be deleted. Is this a valid
concern? Does anyone have a best method they suggest I use?

Any advice is greatly appreciated, I have no IT staff and work in a
skeletally staffed department.

Best,
Rachel Jacobson

--