Dear PETs,

Following today痴 poll and meeting (notes here!), we decided to use our June meeting to pilot a reading group structure for PET.

Prior to June 15 at 3pm Eastern, please read the ALA Privacy Subcommittee痴 recent revisions of their Library Privacy Guidelines for Vendors.

We値l discuss this article at our next meeting, and will circulate a more robust agenda with discussion questions in a future email.

Looking ahead to July, we値l discuss NERL痴 values statement Demanding a Better Deal. So if you have spare time (haha), we welcome you to get started reading this in advance!

After collective discussion of these two articles, we値l determine if the group has the interest and capacity to take on guidelines for values and/or implementation for institutional privacy and ethics review. If not, we will continue with volunteer-led reading groups.

In summary:

Also, Andy and I will be in touch regarding our conversation with Jason Griffey at NISO.

Thanks again, all, for your continued interest and enthusiasm!

Paige & Andy

Paige Walker

Head of Digital Initiatives, Tisch Library

Tufts University

617-627-6027

she/her/hers

To unsubscribe from the DLF-SURVEILLANCE-TECH list, click the following link:
https://lists.clir.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=DLF-SURVEILLANCE-TECH