Hi Eric,

`tar -tvzf [tarfilename]` will give you a detailed listing of the files in
the archive. If your archive isn't compressed with gzip, you can leave out
the 'z' switch. You can inspect the individual files listed in the error
message by passing in the path to the file, e.g.

`tar -tvf [tarfilename]
document_parses/pdf_json/40afe13d64d6a5ef6640537e9f2334c0d86dfa88.json`

All this assumes GNU tar, which is likely if you're using Linux. I'm less
familiar with AFS and its various flavours, but it's possible you're
running up against a limitation on individual file sizes even though you're
nowhere near your global quota. It may help to speak with the people
managing AFS for the system in question, especially if you go into that
conversation with the more detailed information you can extract from the
tarfile.

cheers,

AC