Dear all,

This Wednesday (15th June at 11:30 am Eastern Time) we will be holding our 2nd 'office hour' for the NDSA Levels of Preservation. Do come along if you would like to join us for a chat. Our topic for discussion this time around is described below, but we are also happy to chat about any aspect of your work with the Levels. Full joining details can be found in our meeting notes document here.

What does it look like to apply the NDSA Levels in practice, and how can this application be documented? Can we (and should we) work toward documenting specific “content strategies” (e.g., strategies for preserving content like AV,  geospatial data, etc.) to make our workflows – and how they meet the NDSA Levels – more concrete?

We propose a working group to:
Join us for the NDSA Levels 'Office Hour' on the 15th June to discuss the pros and the cons of such an initiative, and how different approaches to documentation could have an impact on your own digital preservation efforts.  We will also be looking for volunteers to join this working group if there is sufficient enthusiasm to take these ideas forward!

We look forward to chatting with you on Wednesday.

All the best,
Jen
(on behalf of the NDSA Levels of Preservation Working Group)

Jenny Mitcham
Head of Good Practice and Standards
Digital Preservation Coalition

E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Tel: 01904 601849
Twitter: @Jenny_Mitcham

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system. The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent and does not constitute legal advice. We cannot accept any responsibility for viruses, so please scan all attachments. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the DPC.
The Digital Preservation Coalition is a registered company (4492292) and charity (SC051077)
-- DPC is proud to host iPres 2022, the International Conference on Digital Preservation, Glasgow 12th-16th September 2022 https://ipres2022.scot/ ########################################################################

to manage your NDSA-ALL subscription, visit ndsa.org/ndsa-all