Dear all,

The Open Preservation Foundation <https://openpreservation.org/> invites
you to join us for our next webinar:

Computational Access to Digital Collections

*Thursday 21 July at 15:00 CEST | 14:00 BST*

Speaker

Leontien Talboom – PhD Student, University College London/The National
Archives, UK.

Overview

Within the digital preservation community, the term computational access is
used with increasing frequency. Many practitioners are aware that this type
of access may be useful for them, and their users, but may not know what it
entails or how it could be applied in practice.

Resulting from a collaborative piece of work with me as a Software
Sustainability Institute (SSI) fellow, and the Digital Preservation
Coalition (DPC), a guide is being created. This guide will be released this
summer. It will focus on providing resources and useful tips to digital
preservation practitioners in making this type of access possible for their
collections, as this is a topic often missed when discussing the novel
possibilities of computational access. This talk would like to introduce
the guide, go into detail on the different approaches of computational
access and start a wider discussion on how this may be implemented in
practice. The overall ideas and concepts around computational access are
also heavily influenced by my work as a collaborative PhD Student
University College London and The National Archives, UK.

Register here
<https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_2eGwMfR4TgubDiYdiwplCg>.

To hear about our future events, subscribe to our mailing list
<https://openpreservation.org/subscribe/> or follow us on Twitter
<https://twitter.com/openpreserve>.

Best wishes,

Charlotte

--
Charlotte Armstrong (she/her) | Content Manager | Open Preservation
Foundation <https://openpreservation.org/> | Twitter: @openpreserve

Please note: I work part-time for the OPF, please bear with me if I don't
reply to your email right away. I may email you at a time that is
convenient for me, but please don't feel the need to respond outside of
your working hours.