Thanks, Dan, for the heads up. I hadn't played with it until your post.

On Wed, Aug 24, 2022 at 6:38 PM Dan Scott <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Yes, I could be wrong, in that perhaps only the libraries
> that are now labeled "Featured libraries" were displayed in the old
> WorldCat. In that case, the "All libraries" tab would be displaying more
> libraries (albeit with no possible interactions).

Le Moyne College holdings were previously discoverable in the old WorldCat.
Now we're relegated to the All Libraries tab. Ugh.

> The introduction of the Web Visibility subscription offer is new. I suppose
> a generous interpretation is that it should be less expensive than a full
> FirstSearch/Discovery subscription and thus accessible to more libraries.

We don't have a Discovery subscription, but do have several OCLC products,
including WorldShare ILL, cataloging and metadata services. So, this
development is quite disappointing. This won't be my fight (I'm actually
officially retired, although I'm still doing some occasional consulting
work) but this development might, arguably, be a reason to jump ship to
another ILL network. We've been considering Alma/Primo to replace our
current ILS and the Rapido ILL network has some technology advantages;
they're further along in CDL, f'instance. Can't speak to cataloging, but my
understanding is the shared cataloging module in Alma is completely
adequate. (I suspect our technical services librarian might disagree, but
not for reasons of record quality.)

Even though we never purchased the Discovery service, once upon a time,
OCLC configured it -- I think because we were also FirstSearch customers --
and it is still working, complete with links to our holdings, as was the
case in the old WorldCat. Perhaps its days are numbered...

Tom Keays