Hi Elizabeth,

If you're looking for the right DAM, I'd recommend getting some face time
with different people to talk about their experiences and then see what
sounds like it might be the best fit for your situation. This is a great
bar discussion -- few say anything of substance if there's a chance of
blowback, so any situation that puts people at ease is good.

Another thing I'd  recommend is to have your use case and resources to make
things happen be the driving forces. For example, why are you looking for a
system at all, and are you migrating or building something new? What do you
hope to store, how are you going to get that stuff, who's going to use it
and why? Who's going to, maintain it, create metadata, etc.?  What works
great for others may be terrible for you and vice versa. You get the idea.

Many places mimic or use an RFP process which lists requirements, compares
that against specs, gets a few references, and makes a choice. That may
sound sensible, but it  works poorly overall because the measurement tools
are inevitably too wooden -- systems that might totally meet a requirement
by spec are useless in reality while others that miss the mark by the specs
work fine as a practical matter. Other places have organizational or
personal dynamics that boost or nix certain options for reasons that aren't
really connected with the actual use case.

I wish you best of luck. Have been through that process a number of times
and am not sad at the prospect I might not be in that position again.

kyle