Boston College Libraries is seeking a Head of Resource Acquisitions & Management to join our enthusiastic, collaborative, and supportive leadership team. We’re looking for someone who can lead a talented and diverse staff,  manage the Library’s materials budget and collection acquisitions workflows, and implement forward-looking resource management practices at a major research library.

As our Head of Resource Acquisition & Management you will:

Oversee a staff of 10 library workers: 3 direct reports, 7 indirect

Report to the Associate University Librarian for Technology and Technical Services

Be a member of the Library’s leadership team; engage in collaborative visioning and strategic planning

Work collaboratively with colleagues across the library and university, including other library Heads (Collections, Access, Metadata, and special libraries), subject librarians, and the University’s budget and finance offices

Engage with colleagues across Boston College, the Boston Library Consortium, and the wider academic library community

Stay informed of and communicate trends and best practices in collection management, fiscal management, acquisitions, and open access

 Requirements

Master’s degree in Library Science, Information Science, or equivalent required

Additional Qualifications:

Experience managing people; ability to train, mentor, support, recruit and retain talented and diverse staff

Strong knowledge of both electronic and print library acquisitions workflows

Knowledge of emerging open-access models (e.g. transformative agreements) is a plus

Experience negotiating and building relationships with vendors

Knowledge of budgeting practices, preferably in a library setting

Ability to work collaboratively across units

Excellent communication skills

----
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/53688-head-of-resource-acquisitions-and-management