My esteemed listmates,

Cell phone cos and providers haven't made this easy.

I'm trying to help a patron discover if they have an 3G or 4G phone.

I visited this site www.imei.info, enter your IMEI number and it reveals
lots of  info but LTE is says nothing about 4G or 3G. Just lists a bunch of
numbers.

Has anyone enjoyed success ascertaining if a Samsung is 3g -vs- 4G?

I've received no reply for 3 days from Samsung.

I've Googled and followed all these.

*How do I know if my iPhone is 3G or 4G?*

   - Dial *#06# on your phone to display your IMEI number.
      - Go to www.imei.info, enter your IMEI number and select “check”.
      - A report will be produced. Look at the LTE section. It will display
      all the frequencies that your phone can use.
   - If you see a 3G at the top left it means that you are in an area that
   does not have 4G support. When you are in an area with 4G (or, on Verizon,
   LTE) you will see that in the top-left corner instead.
   - Open the browser of your cell phone and attempt to access a website.
   Look at the indication bar, which is usually at the top of the phone’s
   screen, that shows you the cellular signal. If it states 3G, then you know
   you have a 3G phone.

·         Go to settings in your mobile phone and select network thereby
you will find an option “Sim card & Mobile network”. Select that option and
you will see “Sim card” option, goto that option and you will find an
option, “Preferred Network type”, thereby you will see the three options
namely, “Prefer LTE", “Prefer 3G” and “2G only” that means your phone is a
4G mobile. Thereby you can only see “Prefer 3G” and “2G only” that means
your phone is a 3G mobile.

Thank you.

Charles.