Dear all,

The Open Preservation Foundation is pleased to announce the release of veraPDF v1.22 following community testing. veraPDF is an open-source, industry-supported PDF/A validator and part of the OPF reference toolset.

This release comprises enhancements, technical maintenance and bug fixes:

  • The command line application can now produce JSON and HTML reports.

  • The user can now specify a custom location for the configuration directory.

  • Allow the user fine-grained control of warnings, verbosity and visibility.

  • Improvements to some error messages with additional context reporting.

  • Support for the evaluation of PDF functions.

  • PDF 2.0 namespace and standard structure element types support.

  • Various font handling improvements.

  • Support for Java 17 and the Java Platform Module System (JPMS).

To view the full details of the release, please click here.

Best wishes,

Helena

--

Helena Watson (she/her), Marketing Officer

Open Preservation Foundation (OPF)

Please note: I work part-time for OPF, please bear with me if I don't reply to your email right away. I may email you at a time that is convenient for me, but please don't feel the need to respond outside of your working hours.

Discover the benefits of OPF membership