DLF Digest: October 2022

A monthly round-up of news, upcoming working group<https://www.diglib.org/groups/> meetings and events, and CLIR<https://www.clir.org/> program updates from the Digital Library Federation<https://www.diglib.org/>.
________________________________
This month’s news:

  *   The DLF Forum<https://forum2022.diglib.org/>, Learn@DLF<https://forum2022.diglib.org/affiliated-events/learndlf/> preconference workshops, NDSA’s Digital Preservation 2022: Preserving Legacy<https://ndsa.org/conference/>, and CLIR’s Digitizing Hidden Collections Symposium<https://www.clir.org/hiddencollections/events/2022-symposium/> take place in Baltimore, Maryland from Sunday, October 9 through Thursday, October 13. During this time, CLIR staff may not be able to respond to all email requests immediately. We apologize for any inconvenience.
  *   We are deeply saddened by the passing of Deanna Marcum in August. Deanna was CLIR’s first president and led its two predecessor organizations—the Council on Library Resources and the Commission on Preservation and Access—before their merger in 1997. Throughout a remarkable career spanning decades, she touched the lives of many as a colleague, friend, mentor, visionary, and leader. At CLIR, we remember her life with admiration and gratitude, but mourn a profound loss<https://www.clir.org/2022/09/remembering-deanna-marcum/>.
  *   Due to this year’s DLF Forum schedule, CLIR and DLF will close on November 1, the beginning of National Native American Heritage Month<https://nativeamericanheritagemonth.gov/>, instead of on the October 10 Indigenous Peoples’ Day federal holiday.

This month’s DLF group events:
DLF Digital Library Pedagogy Group - #DLFteach Twitter Chat
Monday, October 17, 2 pm ET/11 am PT

Join the Digital Library Pedagogy Group for October’s #DLFteach Twitter chat, Supporting and Sustaining Instruction. Follow along and participate using the #DLFteach hashtag<https://twitter.com/search?q=%23DLFteach&src=typed_query>. Details on this month’s conversation can be found at https://wiki.diglib.org/2022.10.17_Digital_Library_Pedagogy_Twitter_Chat

This month’s open DLF group meetings:
For the most up-to-date schedule of DLF group meetings and events (plus NDSA meetings, conferences, and more), bookmark the DLF Community Calendar<https://www.diglib.org/opportunities/calendar/>. Can’t find meeting call-in information? Email us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

  *   DLF Digital Accessibility IT and Development Subgroup: Monday, October 3, 11 am ET/8 am PT<https://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=N21haThrdXVwNmJodTJkaWk4Ym1kZmE2N3AgMW5scWloYmRoc2NhN3I3bnBlOTNzbzY2a2tAZw>
  *   DLF AIG Cultural Assessment Working Group Inclusive Metadata Taskforce: Monday, October 3, 1 pm ET/10 am PT<https://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=MWlxNGg0OWJnaXNuNmNjNTVsNTJjcTNodXFfMjAyMjEwMTBUMTcwMDAwWiAxbmxxaWhiZGhzY2E3cjducGU5M3NvNjZra0Bn>
  *   DLF Born-Digital Access Working Group: Tuesday, October 4, 2 pm ET/11 am PT<https://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=NXVldmYyYWgxaWZwZ3IzczhmaWRtMHZidjRfMjAyMjEwMDRUMTgwMDAwWiAxbmxxaWhiZGhzY2E3cjducGU5M3NvNjZra0Bn>
  *   DLF Digital Accessibility Working Group: Wednesday, October 5, 2 pm ET/11 am PT<https://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=MWo1ZWFybzQ5aW41OW1udWk4OGRkNGVrODNfMjAyMjEwMDVUMTgwMDAwWiAxbmxxaWhiZGhzY2E3cjducGU5M3NvNjZra0Bn>
  *   DLF AIG Cost Assessment Working Group: Monday, October 10, 3 pm ET/12 pm PT<https://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=OWZjdW04MHEydDRjMTVvNWdtZWJhZ3ZpY2lfMjAyMjEwMTBUMTkwMDAwWiAxbmxxaWhiZGhzY2E3cjducGU5M3NvNjZra0Bn>
  *   DLF Working Group on Privacy and Ethics in Technology: Wednesday, October 19, 3 pm ET/12 pm PT<https://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=MHFwYXZuN3MxbzUwNHVsazk2N2NyMG9jYnFfMjAyMjEwMTlUMTkwMDAwWiAxbmxxaWhiZGhzY2E3cjducGU5M3NvNjZra0Bn>
  *   DLF Committee for Equity and Inclusion: Friday, October 21, 1 pm ET/10 am PT<https://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=bW92ZWJzMjRqM2wyOTZ2dDBmdHFrbjBobjlfMjAyMjEwMjFUMTcwMDAwWiAxbmxxaWhiZGhzY2E3cjducGU5M3NvNjZra0Bn>
  *   DLF Digital Accessibility Policy and Workflows Subgroup: Friday, October 28, 1 pm ET/10 am PT<https://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=MGZxMHMxcTVqdm9xMTRub3Bla3BvdmFhdmVfMjAyMjEwMjhUMTcwMDAwWiAxbmxxaWhiZGhzY2E3cjducGU5M3NvNjZra0Bn>
  *   DLF AIG User Experience Working Group: Friday, October 28, 3 pm ET/12 pm PT<https://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=Nmw1Z2M2N2thbTAzcXBjNmlnYWJwb2dlMzVfMjAyMjEwMjhUMTkwMDAwWiAxbmxxaWhiZGhzY2E3cjducGU5M3NvNjZra0Bn>

DLF groups are open to ALL, regardless of whether or not you’re affiliated with a DLF member institution<https://www.diglib.org/about/members/>. Learn more about our working groups and how to get involved on the DLF website<https://www.diglib.org/groups/>. Interested in starting a new working group or reviving an older one<https://www.diglib.org/groups/past/>? Need to schedule an upcoming working group call? Check out the DLF Organizer’s Toolkit<https://wiki.diglib.org/Working_with_Team_DLF> to learn more about how Team DLF supports our working groups, and send us a message at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> to let us know how we can help.

--
Gayle Schechter, MSLIS | she/her/hers
Program Associate

Let’s Connect
- Schedule an online call with me directly<https://meetings.hubspot.com/gayle-schechter>

My working day may not be your working day. Please don’t feel obliged to reply to this e-mail outside of your normal working hours.