From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Haefele, Chad Mark
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2022 9:41 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [CODE4LIB] Matomo

With the July 2023 Google Analytics transition looming, we've been evaluating Matomo as a possible replacement.

Has anyone been robustly using Matomo who'd be willing to chat about it?

I'm interested in general best practices, but also some specific troubleshooting:

Matomo was looking promising until I noticed a concerning reporting issue on low-use pages:
-If I look for usage of those pages on a single specific day, Matomo reports correctly.
-If I run the same report for a date range that includes that same day, Matomo reports no usage. We've reprocessed the data from raw logs as Matomo suggests, without improvement.

Thank you,
Chad

---
Chad Haefele