Coming from a different direction from everyone on this thread, I will tell
you there are a lot of opportunities in libraries for people with technical
experience outside just sys admin roles/website admins. Someone on this
thread mentioned looking at job listings and it is a really good way of
figuring out what opportunities are out there.

From the perspective of someone who has served on hiring committees for
technical positions, bootcamps are not enough skill for being hired. We
like to see that you have built something that solved a problem on your
own. The skills of solving problems in libraries are very different outside
the contained environment of a bootcamp. I will also say those technical
skills can help outside technical positions. I had a colleague who learned
to code in order to automate a monthly task that used to take her multiple
hours. She was able to automate it down to 30 minutes, allowing her more
time for other tasks.

Finally, I will say regex is useful but I would not feel like you need to
memorize how to use it. I always have to look up my regex expressions and I
test them using this tool: https://regex101.com.

Good luck.

--
Niqui O'Neill
Digital Technologies Development Librarian