Hello Charles,

Thanks for this question.

As a professional programmer, I concur with our colleagues' assessment of
hiring contract development work. I have not worked with anyone from Fiverr
before, but I can't tell you how many contract jobs I've taken over,
following a programmer from a Fiverr-like service who has either been
relieved of their duties or stopped contributing to the project. A good
software developer will likely have a host of questions for you about your
project, so it would be best to take the time to identify exactly what it
is you'd like done. You can then work with the developer to structure
development cadence and create milestones.

Finally, depending on what your project entails, it's highly likely that
there's an open source solution in existence you can build on top of. The
benefit here is that you're not reinventing basic functionality, and if the
open source project is popular enough, many developers may already be
familiar working with that codebase, enabling you to extend software
capabilities at your own pace.

Sincerely,
Mark A. Pernotto