My esteemed listmates,

Unfortunately, the Mute problem with W11 is not restricted to DaVinci
Resolve (but it’s nice knowing there are others on the list who use DR –
remarkable program and for free!).

After about 2 pages of Googled results, it seems it may be that audio
drivers were not installed on this Dell desktop? So, Dell ships its
computers without that computer’s audio drivers?

I visited the Dell site and they listed audio drivers for this desktop. I
downloaded the zipped file on to the Dell hard drive and the unzipped.
There were bunches of file names and but only found 2 with the extension
.exe so I clicked on both.

But, when I look down at the task bar it still has an X through the Volume
icon. I revisited the Volume Settings and tried to slide the volume slider
over or to un-X the volume icon.

None of this works to make any file in any program so you can hear the
sound. Not in VLC Media Player, DR, OpenShot, Windows Media Player….

Anyone using Windows 11 have any clue how to un-Mute the volume?

Is this another issue of MS having hidden files?

Thank you.

Charles.

Charles Meyer

Charlotte County Public Library