My esteemed listmates,

I’m trying to do my best to help patrons and visitors with their various
tech challenges.

Years ago, to acclimate WordPerfect users to MS Word, MS created a
comparison task chart.

On the flush left column they would name a task (as named in Word) and the
adjacent column would attribute that task name in WordPerfect and n the
following column they would tell you how to accomplish that task in Word
and in the next column who show you who you used that task to accomplish
that task in WordPerfect and in the last column they would explain in plain
words what that task was used for.

That was very helpful.

Is there an equivalent comparison chart for iPad/iPhone and Windows 10?

My experience has been in Windows. If I had lots of documents, in Windows I
would create a new folder or sub-folder and name it a category. Then create
either subfolders under that folder or create another folder or subfolder.

Ex. Open Windows 10 > select File Explorer > find the drive you wish to
create a folder on (e.g. C drive = hard drive) > right click on any blank
space on that drive area and select Folder in the drop down meu and name it
Hurricanes. Then open that Hurricanes folder in File Explorer and right
click on a blank area and select Folder > New and name  that sub-folder Ian
for all Ian related documents to be stored in and easily searched for.

I’ve Googled how to create a folder in iPad 15.6.1 and found just odd
YouTube videos and weird text explanations re: creating apps and moving
them.

Is an app the equivalent of a folder in the Apple world?

To me an app is short for application like Word is an application and
Audacity is an application (or program).

Is there any easy way to create a folder equivalent in Apple?

Ex. Parent folder – Hurricane > subfolder Ian – sub-sub folder Invoices –
sub-sub folder Reports – sub-sub folder Pictures (of house damages).

We’re been visited by lots of Hurricane survivors who have no idea how to
do anything on their IPads, iPhones but needing to keep their documents
organized for FEMA, insurance agents, inspectors, etc. but having no idea
how to organize on these devices.

Many visitors are elderly, others physically challenged, others at the end
of their patience with no one to turn to – no family, friends, and tech
help that’s been abysmal from retailers. In fact, one huge corporate
computer seller tells these buyers that if they have any tech questions
they should visit our library! Seriously.

We at the pubic library are their only resort when dealing with the
aftermath of a Cat 5 hurricane.

Thank you for your understanding and kind help.

Best,

Charles.

Charles Meyer

Charlotte County Public Library