> On Dec 8, 2022, at 11:55 AM, Tod Olson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> …
>
>> On Dec 8, 2022, at 10:32 AM, charles meyer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>> My experience has been in Windows. If I had lots of documents, in Windows I
>> would create a new folder or sub-folder and name it a category. Then create either subfolders under that folder or create another folder or subfolder.
>>
>> I’ve Googled how to create a folder in iPad 15.6.1 and found just odd YouTube videos and weird text explanations re: creating apps and moving
>> them.
>>
>> Is an app the equivalent of a folder in the Apple world?

Tod explained the files thing.

The issue with why the videos are talking about apps is because the iOS equivalent of the desktop lets you drop one app onto another to group them into folders, too.

iOS is also a bit outside of the ordinary because each application has its own document storage space, so files will normally be under the name of the application that created them.

If you swipe right a bunch of times from the iOS desktop (the screen with all of the app icons), you should get a search box.  In there type ‘files’, and it should list the files app.  That will let you manage the files in any application that will let you.

There’s also an button in there (the elipsis inside a circle) that has an option to scan documents… basically it takes a picture, allows you to designate the corners, and it will fix it for being taken at an angle and improve the contrast.

(I hope these instructions are still good; I’m a version behind right now)

-Joe