Dear All,

I'm reaching out to share a free educational webinar Scholastica is
co-hosting with the University of Oregon Libraries and GWU Masters in
Publishing program that I thought might be of interest to you or your
colleagues.

On January 19th at 4 PM ET / 1 PM PT, we're hosting "When XML Marks the
Spot: Machine-readable journal articles for discovery and preservation."

During the webinar, we'll delve into why depositing articles into relevant
archives and indexes is paramount to journal discoverability and how XML
can help, including:

   -

   The different types of XML used by indexes and archives (with an
   overview of JATS)
   -

   How producing article-level metadata and/or full-text XML can unlock
   journal discovery and archiving opportunities with examples
   -

   Additional benefits of XML for journal accessibility and publishing
   program development
   -

   When XML is needed and when it may not be the best use of journal
   resources
   -

   Ways to produce XML, including an overview of Scholastica's production
   service

Here's a link to the registration page
<https://lp.scholasticahq.com/xml-marks-the-spot/> for more details.

Even if you can't make the live event, we'll be sending everyone a link to
the Zoom recording.

Hope to see you there!

Danielle

--