Hello all,

Please see the below announcement from the Responsible AI team.

Best,

Gayle

Call for Proposals: Responsible AI Case Studies

The IMLS-funded Responsible AI grant team is soliciting proposals for case studies that explore ethical challenges of Artificial Intelligence (AI) projects and tools in libraries and archives. These case studies will aid in the development of an ethical decision-making tool, and case study authors will also have the option to publish in a special issue of Journal of eScience Librarianship. Each accepted case study author team will receive a $1,000 honorarium. Please see our website for the full Call for Proposals, including details and timeline.

We are using a broad definition of Artificial Intelligence for this call—encompassing many types of automation in library work. Some examples of the types of AI projects or tools that could be considered are:

Case studies can include projects at any stage of implementation—including those that were investigated and not implemented because of ethical or logistical issues. We are looking for broad representation across the libraries and archives community, including institutions that are private or public, research-intensive or not. Please limit teams to 4 or fewer authors. Authors should have worked closely on the tool or project described in the case study.

Rolling deadline for proposal submissions. First reviews begin January 20, 2023

Submit your proposal here.

Questions can be directed to Jason Clark: [log in to unmask]

--

Gayle Schechter, MSLIS | she/her/hers

Program Associate

🍑 Based in Atlanta, GA (Mvskoke land)
The Digital Library Federation (DLF)

Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR)

Alexandria, VA

@CLIRDLF | @akaGladys

Let’s Connect

- Schedule an online call with me directly

My working day may not be your working day. Please don’t feel obliged to reply to this e-mail outside of your normal working hours.