DLF Digest: January 2023

A monthly round-up of news, upcoming working group<https://www.diglib.org/groups/> meetings and events, and CLIR<https://www.clir.org/> program updates from the Digital Library Federation<https://www.diglib.org/>.
________________________________
This month’s news:

  *   In December, CLIR announced recipients for its Pocket Burgundy publication series. Reports from the publication series will be published in 2024. Read on about the selected projects on CLIR’s website<https://www.clir.org/2022/12/clir-announces-pocket-burgundy-awards/>.
  *   Congratulations to DLF Digital Library Pedagogy Group and Digital Accessibility Working Group leader Alex Wermer-Colan for being named Technical.ly’s 2022 Tech Community Leader of the Year<https://technical.ly/startups/philly-2022-technically-awards-winners/> for his work with Philly Community Wireless, a community-based effort bringing free mesh internet infrastructure to neighborhoods in North Philadelphia.
  *   CLIR will be closed Monday, January 16 in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.

This month’s DLF group events:
DLF Museums Cohort & ARLIS/NA Museum Library Division joint meeting
Tuesday, January 24, 2 pm ET/11 am PT; contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> for call-in information

Join the Museums Cohort and ARLIS/NA’s Museum Library Division as we host a discussion on developing diverse library collections and diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion (DEAI) practices with Jennifer Riestenberg of the Walker Art Center.

This month’s open DLF group meetings:
For the most up-to-date schedule of DLF group meetings and events (plus NDSA meetings, conferences, and more), bookmark the DLF Community Calendar<https://www.diglib.org/opportunities/calendar/>. Can’t find meeting call-in information? Email us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

  *   DLF Digital Accessibility Working Group: Wednesday, January 4, 2 pm ET/11 am PT<https://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=MWo1ZWFybzQ5aW41OW1udWk4OGRkNGVrODNfMjAyMzAxMDRUMTkwMDAwWiAxbmxxaWhiZGhzY2E3cjducGU5M3NvNjZra0Bn>
  *   DLF AIG Cultural Assessment Working Group: Monday, January 9, 1 pm ET/10 am PT<https://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=NmxpcW9sZGdwZTZ0dG1jamFzbnUzZWV1aTlfMjAyMzAxMDlUMTgwMDAwWiAxbmxxaWhiZGhzY2E3cjducGU5M3NvNjZra0Bn>
  *   DLF AIG Cost Assessment Working Group: Monday, January 9, 3 pm ET/12 pm PT<https://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=OWZjdW04MHEydDRjMTVvNWdtZWJhZ3ZpY2lfMjAyMzAxMDlUMjAwMDAwWiAxbmxxaWhiZGhzY2E3cjducGU5M3NvNjZra0Bn>
  *   DLF Digital Accessibility Advocacy and Education Subgroup: Tuesday, January 10, 10 am ET/7 am PT<https://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=Nm5rN3JncG1zamdxaXBsOTU3MDFmZTQwYzggMW5scWloYmRoc2NhN3I3bnBlOTNzbzY2a2tAZw>
  *   DLF AIG User Experience Subgroup: Friday, January 20, 11 am ET/8 am PT<https://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=Z283dWRvOW0xOWxrNmgybzBzbzFiODR0cmdfMjAyMzAxMjBUMTYwMDAwWiAxbmxxaWhiZGhzY2E3cjducGU5M3NvNjZra0Bn>
  *   DLF Committee for Equity and Inclusion: Friday, January 20, 1 pm ET/10 am PT<https://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=bW92ZWJzMjRqM2wyOTZ2dDBmdHFrbjBobjlfMjAyMzAxMjBUMTgwMDAwWiAxbmxxaWhiZGhzY2E3cjducGU5M3NvNjZra0Bn>
  *   DLF Digital Accessibility Policy and Workflows Subgroup: Friday, January 27, 1 pm ET/10 am PT<https://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=MGZxMHMxcTVqdm9xMTRub3Bla3BvdmFhdmVfMjAyMzAxMjdUMTgwMDAwWiAxbmxxaWhiZGhzY2E3cjducGU5M3NvNjZra0Bn>
  *   DLF Digital Accessibility IT and Development Subgroup: Monday, January 30, 11 am ET/8 am PT<https://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=MGs4amgxc3JwYjRpcXYwc2pkZW1vbnBpNmwgMW5scWloYmRoc2NhN3I3bnBlOTNzbzY2a2tAZw>

DLF groups are open to ALL, regardless of whether or not you’re affiliated with a DLF member institution<https://www.diglib.org/about/members/>. Learn more about our working groups and how to get involved on the DLF website<https://www.diglib.org/groups/>. Interested in starting a new working group or reviving an older one<https://www.diglib.org/groups/past/>? Need to schedule an upcoming working group call? Check out the DLF Organizer’s Toolkit<https://wiki.diglib.org/Working_with_Team_DLF> to learn more about how Team DLF supports our working groups, and send us a message at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> to let us know how we can help.

--
Gayle Schechter, MSLIS | she/her/hers
Program Associate

Let’s Connect
- Schedule an online call with me directly<https://meetings.hubspot.com/gayle-schechter>

My working day may not be your working day. Please don’t feel obliged to reply to this e-mail outside of your normal working hours.