**With apologies for cross-posting**

Hi All,

I'm writing to share a quick reminder that there's still time to register for "When XML Marks the Spot: Machine-readable journal articles for discovery and preservation," a free webinar Scholastica is co-hosting with the UOregon Libraries and GWU Masters in Publishing program. The webinar will be held via Zoom on January 19th at 4 PM ET, and all registrants will receive a link to the recording.

If you're eager to learn how to improve journal discoverability and preservation, this session is for you. We'll delve into why depositing articles into relevant archives and indexes is paramount to discoverability and how XML can help with a focus on the needs of campus-based publishing programs, including:
  • The different types of XML used by indexes and archives
  • How producing article-level metadata and/or full-text XML can unlock journal discovery and archiving opportunities with examples
  • When XML is needed and when it may not be the best use of resources
  • Ways to produce XML, including an overview of Scholastica's production service

There will be time for live Q&A following the presentation, so bring your questions!

You can learn more about the webinar and register here.

Hope to see you there!
Danielle

--
Danielle Padula