We could still really use a few more folks to fill out our Program Committee. If you’re on the fence, please think it over and get in touch with questions!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The NDSA<https://ndsa.org/> calls for volunteers to join our Planning Committee for Digital Preservation 2023.

Digital Preservation<https://ndsa.org/conference/> (DigiPres) is the NDSA’s annual conference – open to members and non-members alike – focused on stewardship, curation, and preservation of digital information and cultural heritage. The 2023 meeting will take place on November 15-16, 2023, in St. Louis, Missouri, just after the DLF Forum.

NDSA is an affiliate of the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR)<https://www.clir.org/> and the Digital Library Federation (DLF)<https://www.diglib.org/>, and the DigiPres conference is held in concert with the annual DLF Forum.

Planning Committee responsibilities include:

  *   Defining a vision for the conference
  *   Crafting and distributing a Call for Proposals
  *   Reviewing and selecting proposals
  *   Identifying a keynote speaker
  *   Determining the conference schedule
  *   Moderating sessions
  *   Supporting membership through recruitment and mentorship efforts
  *   Collaborating with the DLF Forum planning committee on community events, equity and inclusion, and sponsorship opportunities

We expect to have monthly group calls from February-December, with some periods being busier than others. For instance, in the months of May-June 2023, there will be an uptick in the work during the period where we create the schedule as it requires concentrated effort.

Join us by completing this form<https://forms.gle/dQt5GEmg6nw6gG7Q9> by Friday, January 20th, and please share widely.

We look forward to working with you!

Stacey Erdman, 2023 Chair

Déirdre Joyce, 2023 Vice-Chair/2024 Chair