Conference: Digital Humanities Against Dark Times

Dates:  April 14 – 15, 2023

Location: Vanderbilt Center for the Digital Humanities, Nashville, TN

Abstract Deadline: March 1, 2023

We are pleased to share that the Center for Digital Humanities is hosting a two-day conference titled “Digital Humanities Against Dark Times” this upcoming April 14 – 15, 2023. This conference provides a venue for early-career scholars to discuss digital humanities work that engages with emerging and ongoing crises of our moment, such as:

We hope to generate dialogue between different critical and methodological perspectives, including those that focus on promoting and preserving communities of hope, resilience, and resistance.

Please submit a 250 word abstract by March 1, 2023 using this Google Form. We welcome individual presentations and also panel proposals of 3 to 4 presenters. Presentations are limited to 15 minutes; panels are limited to 45 minutes. We especially welcome contributions from graduate students and early career scholars. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us at [log in to unmask] or check out the conference page on our website for more information.