Dear colleagues,

We are thrilled to announce that the Wikidata Chinese Cultural Heritage
Group, in collaboration with the CALASYS Committee, will be hosting the
second webinar of the CALA Speaker Series on March 27th from 8 am to 9 am
(PST). Our guest speaker, Ling Meng, Digital Collections Librarian at
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Libraries, will be presenting on "The
Tse-Tsung Chow Collection of Chinese Scrolls and Fan Paintings" (collection
link: https://uwm.edu/lib-collections/chinese-scrolls/).

During the presentation, Ling will provide a brief introduction to the
background of the collection and how it was made into a digital collection.
The focus of the talk will be on how the bilingual metadata was created for
cultural heritage materials. Ling’s team has published an article
titled “Multilingual
metadata for cultural heritage materials: The case of the Tse-Tsung Chow
Collection of Chinese Scrolls and Fan Paintings”
<https://www.emerald.com/insight/content/doi/10.1108/EL-08-2013-0141/full/html>,
which examines current approaches to multilingual indexing and retrieval in
digital collections and presents a model of creating bilingual parallel
records that combines translation with controlled vocabulary mapping.

We invite everyone who is interested in this topic to join us for this
informative session. The webinar is open to all, and we encourage you to
share this invitation with your colleagues. Please RSVP
<https://sdsu.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_4F4glsFPTRu2mmdJgulQ1w> here. If
you have any questions or require further information, please do not
hesitate to contact us. We look forward to seeing you on March 27th.

Greta Heng

On behalf of Wikidata Chinese Cultural Heritage Group
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:WikiProject_Chinese_Culture_and_Heritage>

CALASYS Committee

Sai Deng, Suzhen Chen, Weiling Liu, Xiaoli Ma
--
Greta Heng
Cataloging and Metadata Strategies Librarian