Dear all,

We are pleased to announce that the first release candidate for JHOVE 1.28
<https://openpreservation.org/news/first-jhove-1-28-release-candidate-out-now/?q=3>
is now available for testing.

This release represents a real effort to clear the historic contribution
backlog for JHOVE <https://openpreservation.org/tools/jhove/>. The
remaining pull requests are either documentation contributions or require
more analysis. We received a large number of fixes and improvements from
contributors around the world. We’d like to say a huge thank you to
everyone who volunteered their time and effort to this release.

Major new features of version 1.28 include:

   - Finally, all messages have IDs, and we’ve removed the code that allows
   the creation of new ones without IDs.
   - JHOVE will no longer report duplicate messages,| which should yield
   shorter reports.
   - A number of improvements to the PDF module, many of which address
   files that caused loop or overflow errors.
   - Fixed a bug that caused an endless loop for some TIFF files and minor
   TIFF processing improvements.
   - Improvements to NISO metadata handling.
   - Java 17 compatibility.

Download
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://software.openpreservation.org/dev/jhove-installer-rc.jar&sa=D&source=docs&ust=1678983920139727&usg=AOvVaw25cl-MB-jer5CKdMYr-eQI>
JHOVE 1.28

Read <https://github.com/openpreserve/jhove/releases/tag/v1.28.0-RC1> the
release notes

user mailing list
Feedback welcome

To report an issue or make a feature request please add it to the JHOVE
issue tracker <https://github.com/openpreserve/jhove/issues> on GitHub.

Best wishes,

Helena

--

Helena Watson (she/her), Marketing Officer

Open Preservation Foundation (OPF) <https://openpreservation.org/>

Twitter <http://twitter.com/openpreserve> | GitHub

Please note: I work part-time for OPF, please bear with me if I don't reply
to your email right away. I may email you at a time that is convenient for
me, but please don't feel the need to respond outside of your working
hours.

Discover the benefits of OPF membership
<https://openpreservation.org/membership>