Dear all,

We are pleased to announce that the first release candidate for JHOVE 1.28 is now available for testing.

This release represents a real effort to clear the historic contribution backlog for JHOVE. The remaining pull requests are either documentation contributions or require more analysis. We received a large number of fixes and improvements from contributors around the world. We’d like to say a huge thank you to everyone who volunteered their time and effort to this release.

Major new features of version 1.28 include:

  • Finally, all messages have IDs, and we’ve removed the code that allows the creation of new ones without IDs.
  • JHOVE will no longer report duplicate messages,| which should yield shorter reports.
  • A number of improvements to the PDF module, many of which address files that caused loop or overflow errors.
  • Fixed a bug that caused an endless loop for some TIFF files and minor TIFF processing improvements.
  • Improvements to NISO metadata handling.
  • Java 17 compatibility.

Download JHOVE 1.28

Read the release notes

Subscribe to the JHOVE user mailing list

Feedback welcome

To report an issue or make a feature request please add it to the JHOVE issue tracker on GitHub.

Best wishes,

Helena

--

Helena Watson (she/her), Marketing Officer

Open Preservation Foundation (OPF)

Please note: I work part-time for OPF, please bear with me if I don't reply to your email right away. I may email you at a time that is convenient for me, but please don't feel the need to respond outside of your working hours.

Discover the benefits of OPF membership