> On Apr 23, 2023, at 5:18 PM, charles meyer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Joe...
>
> Would I be able to just type in text in diagram boxes in Visio?

It’s been 20 years since I switched from Visio to OmniGraffle for my diagraming, but I seem to recall there being a UML template set (they might’ve called it a template library), where it had the shapes, and you could drag them onto your document and then label them… and the labels would move with the shape if you moved it.

I think that the lines stayed attached between the objects, too, so you could connect them up with arrows, and then drag the components around so they made good use of the space.

I *think* the lines in Visio would also make a little hump if they crossed, to show they weren’t actually connected.  But I know there was something about the lines for why I switched. (Maybe it was the ‘magnets’ in OmniGraffle, which let you set how the lines attached to the objects)

-Joe

Sent from a mobile device with a crappy on screen keyboard and obnoxious "autocorrect"