Hello, DLF Community --

On behalf of my colleagues at the Data Curation Network, I am excited to share our recently published and open access retrospective report: The Art, Science, and Magic of the Data Curation Network: A Retrospective on Cross-Institutional Collaboration! Published through the University of Michigan Press, this report describes the successes of the community and challenges of launching a cross-institutional network. Additionally, this publication details the administrative, tool-based, and trust-based structures necessary for establishing this community, the “radical interdependence” that is the cornerstone of the DCN, and potential future collaborations to address shared challenges in libraries and research data management.

This in-depth case study provides an overview of the critical work of launching a collaborative network and transitioning to sustainability. This publication will be of special interest to research librarians, data curators, and anyone interested in academic community building.

If you have any questions or comments, don't be a stranger-- we'd love to hear from you!

All the best,
Mikala Narlock, on behalf of the authors:

Jake Carlson, Mikala Narlock, Mara Blake, Joel Herndon, Heidi Imker, Lisa Johnston, Wendy Kozlowski, Cindy Xuying Xin, Sophia Lafferty-Hess, Hoa Luong, Wanda Marsolek, Jennifer Moore, Dorris Scott, Cynthia Hudson Vitale, Briana Ezray Wham and Sarah Wright

--

Mikala R. Narlock (she/her) | ORCiD: 0000-0002-2730-7542 | Meet with me

Director | Data Curation Network | datacurationnetwork.org

I may email you outside your working hours-- please don't feel pressure to respond until your working hours.