Hello DLF,

I am a graduate certificate candidate in Digital Curation at Johns Hopkins University. Throughout my studies I have interviewed digital librarians who work with vendor-based institutional systems like Digital Commons, DSpace and others. In my research, one disconnect I have identified is the tendency to “set it and forget it” after onboarding these systems.

I developed the linked survey to gauge university scholarly library professionals’ experience working with their institution’s system. Specifically, the barriers that may prohibit maximizing features and interoperability for digital preservation.

Link to Survey:  https://forms.gle/3xjzt8ZjjdgjoN23A

My paper will be published in the JScholarship repository of JHU Sheridan Libraries.

The survey closes April 19, 2023, and should take 10-15 minutes of your time.

 I also ask that you send this to colleagues interested in participating in this project.

Please forgive cross-posting.

Thank you so much for your consideration.

Sincerely with gratitude,

Mary

Mary F. O'Brien