My esteend listmates,

A patron asked how one "enables" TLS to encrypt their emails?

I'm not a security expert so I just Googled it and found info (below)

Difference between TLS and E2EE

For example, with end-to-end encryption, a plaintext message that you sent
gets encrypted at your end and gets decrypted only after reaching the
recipient's device. However, *in TLS, a plaintext message gets encrypted at
your end and decrypted at the server*.Jul 14, 2019

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_Layer_Security

Does a user have to enable TLS? If so, how complicated is that?

Is there better encryption than TLS?

If so, would that other encryption software need to be enabled?

Thank you.

Charles.

Charles Meyer

Charlotte County Public Library