This is a system level setting. Most, if not all systems that offer TLS do
not offer a user option to opt out. Google is one of them.

An email user with a certain level of sophistication can use PKI
certificate based encryption. Both the sender and receiver would need an
app or plug-in, and they would need to publish a public key so that other
folks could read their emails.

Google also offers S/MIME enhanced encryption, which is also end to end.

Cary what

--
Cary Gordon
The Cherry Hill Company