My esteem listmates,

I've read through Googled results which many suggest in Acrobat Reader
(fee) I should be  able to highlight words in a PDF and copy and paste them
into a Word document as plain text.

My Acrobat Reader won't do that.

Is there an easier way to do this in GIMP?

I found a good Web site for learning GIMP skills with screenshots - for the
unintimidated - https://thegimptutorials.com/

but I didn't find any tutorials re: extracting words out of a PDF.  Might
it be referenced as some other term of GIMP?

My goal is to extract names, phone #s and email addresses out of scanned
business cards and paste them into Word as plain text.

Thank you.

Charles.

Charlotte County Public Library