My esteemed listmates,

I create simple graphics for instructing step-by-step learning of 3D
software.

I generally use MS Paint so I can just insert and easily modify arrows and
a text box.

What's bothersome is once I create a text box and type in text if my finger
slips and the slashes around the text box disappear it's hard wired in.

Pressing the backward pointing arrow or Ctrl + Z doesn't remove the text
box nor remove any of the last steps in creating and completing that text
box forcing me to start all over.

In Word I can reverse that but it leaves that amateur-looking white text
box around the text.

I haven't had any time to learn paint.net and without invoking GIMP are
there other tools (free, and not online please) others use to create/edit
quick graphics to teach by?

Paint 3D? (used once 4 years ago).

Thank you.

Charles.