Items in these "folders" aren't duplicated from other folders. There's only one item, it just appears in two (or more) places. This is because they're not actually folders, they're just tags that give you an extra way of seeing that kind of email in one place.

This means if you delete it from one place, it'll be deleted from everywhere (just remember to empty your Trash if you need to delete it instantly to claw back disk space).

Deborah

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of charles meyer
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2023 2:58 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] gmail groups deletions

Caution: This email originated from outside our organisation. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi Deborah,

The challenge  is that my Inbox gets bloated and  I have to delete emails so I have to dilate all these emails regularly in folders which just duplicate what I receive in other folders like my regular Inbox.

That and older email with attachments which my gmail can't seem to find with recommended settings  by both generous list members and Googled results suggest make gmail a lot more user-unfriendly email client than Mozilla Thunderbird (which has its own peccadillos).

 A lot of time wasted without access to tech support from The Alphabet to resolve these issues.

Thank you.

Charles.