A friend of mine has been on an extended job search and it is taking an emotional toll. We're in different fields, and I wanted to help, so I researched strategies for dealing with job hunt depression. My favorite article (written pre-pandemic) had a phrase that hit a nerve: "The perception that we are our work is a major reason the job search, and receiving constant messages that we aren’t who we think we are, is so distressing." The solution to this distress? Realize that you are made up of a wide range of experiences and have other aspects that "you can lean on as a source of joy and confidence.” I think my friend is smart, brave, the perfect amount of snarky, and a dedicated friend and worker. If you can't make a list like that for yourself, find a friend who can. I am pretty certain it will be something you can lean on. 🌻 Erin

New on the Job Board

Erin O’Donnell, MMC

Outreach and Engagement Associate

Based in Basking Ridge, NJ

Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR), Arlington, VA

Please note my remote office work week is Monday – Thursday

clir.org | jobs.diglib.org | sign-up for the job board digest