Hello!

The Library of Congress is accepting applications for Artists/Scholars in Residence in the Of the People program's Connecting Communities Digital Initiative, funded by the Mellon Foundation. We will offer up to 2 awards for 12-month projects at $90,000 each. Applications are due on August 7, 2023.

Projects must significantly and meaningfully use the Library’s digital collections, and center one or more of the following groups: Black, Indigenous, Hispanic or Latino, Asian American and Pacific Islander, and other communities of color from any of the 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, American Samoa, U.S. Virgin Island. Please note that we welcome projects that explore gender, sexuality, class, color, ability, and more among one or more of the above groups.

Questions?

Leah Weinryb Grohsgal, PhD, MLIS

Program Advisor to the Director of Digital Strategy

Digital Strategy Directorate, Office of the Chief Information Officer

Library of Congress