Hello NDSA community,

Held in Trust (HIT) is a four-year collaboration between the National Endowment for Humanities (NEH) and the Foundation for Advancement in Conservation (FAIC) to consider how cultural heritage conservation and preservation must evolve to confront pressing issues the United States faces today.

The final report, Held in Trust: Transforming Cultural Heritage Conservation for a More Resilient Future, was released today. https://www.culturalheritage.org/docs/default-source/publications/reports/held-in-trust/held-in-trust-report.pdf

It includes a section where high-level funding concerns around digital preservation, community-based archives, and audiovisual media preservation are discussed. This section, "Digital Technology: Research and Practice," was written by co-chairs Paul Messier and myself (Linda Tadic).  It includes shout-outs to NDSA and POWRR.  We are grateful for the thoughts and experiences shared by the people we interviewed.

Please let me know if you have any comments or thoughts on the report that I can bring back to the committee. It's a brief, high-level report and could not contain details, but our hope is that it will raise awareness to funders on areas that need support.

Best,
Linda

Linda Tadic, CEO
Digital Bedrock