As of June 30, 2023 LAC-GLAM is officially an Islandora Foundation Interest
Group!

What is LAC-GLAM?

LAC-GLAM is short for the Liberal Arts Colleges and Galleries, Libraries,
Archives, and Museums Interest Group! By coming together we hope to make
Islandora digital repository resources easy to use and accessible,
particularly to under-resourced and smaller institutions, so that Islandora
is a sustainable long-term solution for our members.

Specific goals, activities, and outcomes include:

   - Build a vibrant, supportive, and equitable group that collectively
   supports open-source software as critical to providing access and
   preserving a wide array of cultural heritage and scholarly materials.
   - Collaboratively identify pain points in Islandora systems management
   and find solutions.
   - Document best practices and workflows that meet the unique needs of
   under-resourced and smaller institutions.
   - Provide feedback to the Islandora Foundation regarding issues,
   concerns, and features specific to under-resourced and smaller institutions.
   - The interest group will abide by the set of principles in the Code of
   Conduct that articulate the values of the Islandora Foundation.

*Our next meeting is tomorrow, July 6 at 2PM EST. *

Zoom details are in our notes document linked below.

2023-2024 Running Meeting Notes Doc:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cR4TIM9fk4-oBsguYKNVu808Vuv05A18giKNTxpEXWU/edit?usp=sharing

Best,
Nicole Scalessa

--

Nicole H. Scalessa

Head of Digital Scholarship and Technology Services

(845) 437-5219 <+18454375219>

she, her, hers

Digital Scholarship Services Collaboration
<https://dissco.vassarspaces.net/>

(DiSSCo) Zoom <https://vassar.zoom.us/j/2989322219> Office Hours Mondays
2-3PM

My working day may not be your working day. Please don’t feel obliged to
[image: Vassar] <https://www.vassar.edu/> [image: Vassar-Libraries]
<https://library.vassar.edu/>[image: Twitter]
<https://twitter.com/Vassar?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor>
 [image: Facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/vassarcollege> [image: