From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Ohms, Jannis
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2023 11:41 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [EXT] [CODE4LIB] How to algorithmicaly evaluate a ranking function ?

[Einige Personen, die diese Nachricht erhalten haben, erhalten häufig keine E-Mails von [log in to unmask] Weitere Informationen, warum dies wichtig ist, finden Sie unter https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification ]

Hi all,

I want to evaluate the ranking of my discovery system to tune the ranking function. are there datasets or benchmarks I can use?

i.e. a list of queries and the ranked results?

I want to evaluate different functions and weights  for this an automated repeatable approach that does not require  user tests  for every run would be nice

Thanks for your help

Jannis