Hi Thomas, Marti Hearst's Search User Interfaces may have some useful information on these topics.
https://searchuserinterfaces.com/book/

On 8/1/23, 5:58 AM, "Code for Libraries on behalf of Thomas Guignard" <[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> on behalf of [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

Hello

I'm looking for examples of functional requirements/specifications for
search engines for a project that I'm working on. The aim is to provide web
developers with a reference as to how search should function, what fields
in a database should be queried, how to handle wildcards, stop words,
operators, etc.

If someone has examples of something like this that they've used in the
past, or of general specs that can be used as a starting point for our
project, that would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!
Thomas