I think that you would also need to encode that numeric string before you
could display it with that font. That would convert the original string of
text or digits into another string which includes a checksum, etc, suitable
for displaying with a bar-code font, and which a barcode reader will
recognize as a barcode instead of just seeing a series of vertical lines.
See the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_128 page for details of what I
mean. I don't personally know of any XSLT code for doing that conversion,
but it could certainly be done in your XSLT.

Conal

--
Conal Tuohy
http://conaltuohy.com/