As far as payment information, not an issue.  See https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GEF528GN65XSJ7V8

No payment card information sent to the seller.

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of charles meyer
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2023 12:00 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [CODE4LIB] Amazon purchasing

  **EXTERNAL EMAIL**
  This email originated outside of The University of Texas at San Antonio.
  Please exercise caution when clicking on links or opening attachments.

My esteemed listmates,

This is not a library question per se although I use my personal Dell laptop daily at the library.

I need a battery replacement.

I visited Amazon for that battery replacement which finds about 5-6 pages of results.

I proceeded to check on each battery listing to verify it ships from Amazon but when I check on the seller so far (going down the list) hey list only offshore manufacturers.

Sharing my credit card info with an offshore manufacturer with whom I have no experience concerns me.

How have others handled this?

One thought was to buy an Amazon gift card and make the purchase with that.

But, I've been hearing these gift cards are getting targeted and drained by miscreants.

Also, have you learned a way to filter Amazon results for just American manufacturers?

Thank you so much.

Charles.

Charlotte County Public Library