Hi All,

We are delighted to announce the release of “Finding the Right Platform
<https://doi.org/10.17613/z27e-0z11>” (https://doi.org/10.17613/z27e-0z11),
a crosswalk that compares 10 academy-owned and open-source publishing
platforms commonly used in library and university press publishing.

The crosswalk prompts users by asking them what kind of project they want
to publish and what features they want. Our goal is to help librarians,
publishers, and authors/researchers make a decision to further pursue one
platform over another (or to identify and further research a smaller group
of platforms that might be suitable for their projects).

This 34-page, hyperlinked crosswalk includes at-a-glance feature
comparisons for the following platforms

   -

   Fulcrum
   -

   Humanities Commons
   -

   Janeway
   -

   Manifold
   -

   Mukurtu
   -

   Omeka
   -

   Open Journal Systems (OJS)
   -

   Pressbooks
   -

   PubPub
   -

   Scalar

The platform comparison features Hosting & Cost, Ingestion Options,
Editorial Workflows, Interactivity, Archive & Preservation, Export Options,
Discoverability, and Accessibility. Each platform also has its own
one-pager that provides a more detailed description of the individual
project and what it excels at.

“Finding the Right Platform” is published under a CC-BY license on
Humanities Commons. Please promote this crosswalk widely to interested
parties, and let us know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Corinne Guimont, Matt Vaughn, and Cheryl E. Ball

--
*Corinne Guimont, MIS*
*Interim Director, Publishing Services*