Hi, all.

A question about what to do with the "tech gadgets" in our lost and found got me thinking about a tech solution which then led me to https://www.lostandfoundsoftware.com/.  Image recognition and online approximate-matching for searchers who may not want to ask in-person is really slick.  That particular system with shipping, etc. is clearly overkill for a library, but then again, it is free for up to 1000 items/year so it shouldn't cost us anything.

Does anybody here have experience with this company and/or use other (OSS would be great) software for assisting with your lost and found?

Thanks,
Erich

--
Erich Hammer            Head of Library Systems
[log in to unmask]         University Libraries

"The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the
person who argues with him."        -- Stanislaw J. Lec