My favorite thing about TunnelBear is that they have a browser plugin.  That allows us in the Library to test off-campus access to electronic resources in one browser while testing on-campus access in another browser.  Actually, my absolute favorite thing about TunnelBear is that the bear watches you type in your username and then covers their eyes while you type in the password.

For banking security, TunnelBear (and many other free VPNs) are perfectly fine.  If you want true privacy from tracking or surveillance, I wouldn't use a free VPN service.

"That One Privacy Site" (https://thatoneprivacysite.net/) used to be my absolute go-to for trusted reviews.  Since it migrated to https://www.safetydetectives.com/best-vpns/, I honestly don't know the status as far as ownership/bias.

https://www.privacytools.io/privacy-vpn is another that seems to have honest information.

My $.02,
Erich

On Thursday, October 5, 2023 at 21:27, Tom Keays eloquently inscribed: