From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of charles meyer
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2023 7:59 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Gmail - filtering

Caution: This email originated from outside our organisation. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

My esteemed listmates,

I apologize but The Alphabet seems to be br making simple emailing complicated.

Patron wasn't able to find many of their sent emails in their Gmail Sent Folder.

I helped them access their Trash folder and they were in there.

We did tests on that by having them send me an email at my work email and they still went automatically into tier Trash folder.

I Googled this and apparently lots of people have this happen.

Google said to visit Settings > Filters > and choose the filter you want to change.

I don't filter so I'm not sure what actions would be next?

I see Edit and an Delete and then you're supposed to Continue and check Update but it's not clear where the Sent folder in Filter in Settings.

Rather obtuse if you're not adjusting these regularly.

Has anyone had to "remove" a gmail filter?

Thank you,

Charles.

Charles Meyer
Charlotte County Public Library

"The contents of this e-mail (including any attachments) may be confidential and/or subject to copyright. Any unauthorised use, distribution, or copying of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender by return e-mail or telephone and then delete this e-mail together with all attachments from your system."