As synchronicity would have it, I was just dealing with Hexnode.  We use
their mobile device management solution with our circulating laptops.
Although I haven't tried it, it also accommodates Android and iOS tablets,
and I believe it may solve your issue of having to physically access the
iPads in order to make any single app config changes.  I also just found
out that they have a digital signage solution as well (
https://www.hexnode.com/mobile-device-management/hexnode-digital-signage-software/).
While I can't say anything about that product, I can say that their mobile
device management platform works very well for us.

John Lolis
Coordinator of Computer Systems

100 Martine Avenue
White Plains, NY  10601

tel: 1.914.422.1497
fax: 1.914.422.1452

https://whiteplainslibrary.org/

*“I would rather have questions that can’t be answered than answers that
can’t be questioned.”*
— Richard Feynman
<https://click.fourhourmail.com/5qure95xkf7hvvo93wh2/7qh7h8h05vr4zrtz/aHR0cHM6Ly9lbi53aWtpcGVkaWEub3JnL3dpa2kvUmljaGFyZF9GZXlubWFu>,
theoretical physicist and recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1965